ERO used the following five evaluation questions when gathering information for this study:
- How well does the school leadership support the achievement of gifted and talented students?
- How inclusive and appropriate are the school’s processes for defining and identifying giftedness and talent?
- How effective is the school’s provision for gifted and talented students?
- How well does the school review the effectiveness of its provision for gifted and talented students?
- To what extent do gifted and talented programmes promote positive outcomes for gifted and talented students?
The information for these examples has been drawn from data collected for the evaluation report Schools’ Provision for Gifted and Talented Students. ERO supplemented this information by following up specific areas of effective practice identified by ERO in the earlier reviews.