The Prime Minister's Education Excellence Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievements in early childhood education, primary and secondary schooling. Share your journey and be recognised for what you’ve achieved.
Awards Category Information
Entrants can select from one or more of the four Awards categories, plus an Education Focus Prize:
- Excellence in Engaging – Atahāpara Award
- Excellence in Leading – Atakura Award
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning – Atatū Award
- Excellence in Governing – Awatea Award
The winning entry in each category receives $20,000 and a professional development opportunity.
Award category winners are also eligible for the Prime Minister’s Supreme Award, the overall winner. This goes to the entry that has had the most impact on raising student achievement. The winner of the Supreme Award receives an additional $30,000.
The 2017 Education Focus Prize – Takatū Prize: Digital Technologies and Local Curriculum
- The Education Focus Prize focuses on a different part of the education system each year.
- This year’s Focus Prize celebrates excellence in digital technologies and responsive local curriculum.
- Over the past three years, winning entries have demonstrated the fundamental difference excellent teaching practice can make for children and young people at all stages of the education journey.
- A national awards ceremony will be held during Matariki in the middle of this year.
- For more information and tips for entries, go to pmawards.education.govt.nz , or ring 0800 PMAWARDS/0800 762 927 or email email@example.com