The team structure in this school supports the professional learning and development of leaders and teachers. Team members discuss their roles, responsibilities and the reciprocal nature of their interactions.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership promotes and participates in teacher learning and development
- Leadership builds collective capacity to do evaluation and inquiry for sustained improvement
This video also illustrates
Domain 5: Professional capability and collective capacity
- Organisational structures, processes and practices enable and sustain collaborative learning and decision making
- The staff are assigned to team led by a ‘Leader of Learning”
- Each Leader of Learning facilitates the professional development of their team member
- All staff, including the Leaders of Learning, have evidence-based individual goals
- Interactions have improved through the up skilling in ‘open to learning’ conversation techniques
- A focus on shared practice creates shared ownership and accountability
Things to think about
- How do the structures and processes in your school support professional learning and development?
- To what extent is your environment conducive to sharing practice and being ‘open to learning’?