Students and teachers describe how they use ‘learning progressions’ to build students assessment capabilities and teachers opportunities to be responsive to learner needs.
This video illustrates
Domain 4: Responsive curriculum, effective teaching and opportunity to learn
- Assessment for learning develops students’ assessment and learning-to-learn capabilities
- Learners can record and see learning steps as a continuum rather than a list
- Progressions are used to make learning visible to all including parents
- Teachers can group students and design appropriate learning in a more flexible and responsive way
Things to think about
- How well do our learners and their family and whānau understand their learning and next steps?
This video was first commissioned by the Ministry of Education. For more on Stonefields School, visit their website.