The way in which school trustees and leaders work together fosters an appreciative and respectful environment that acknowledges the contributions of everyone in the learning community.
This video illustrates
Domain 1: Stewardship
- The board scrutinises the effectiveness of the school in achieving valued student outcomes
- The board actively represents and serves the school and education community in it’s stewardship role
- The board evaluates how effectively it is fulfilling the stewardship role with which it has been entrusted
- Trustees, leaders and teachers have a shared commitment to ongoing improvement of outcomes
- Expectations, practices and processes are well understood
- The board, management and staff are clear about their respective roles and responsibilities
- Communication is frequent within a climate that encourages feedback
- Acknowledgement of individual contributions is inclusive and well communicated
Things to think about
- How do you develop and maintain the constructive and collaborative conditions that support ongoing improvement?
- What else might you do together?