Driven by the conviction that everybody can achieve, leaders and teachers seek to overcome barriers to equity and excellence experienced by individual students.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership collaboratively develops and pursues the school’s vision, goals and targets for equity and excellence
- The school engages directly with students and their families to explain “What is it that successful students do”
- Senior students and former students act as role models in setting high expectations
- Trustees ensure that all students have equitable access to required resources such as stationary and uniforms
- Leadership creates a school community in which deficit assumptions based on social and economic positioning, ethnicity, or gender being the determiner of ultimate success are directly challenged
Things to think about
- How well is the vision of equity and excellence for every learner enacted in your school?