The use of student achievement data and other evidence is the catalyst for determining who needs to be part of the discussion to seek solutions and establish next steps.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership ensures an orderly and supportive environment that is conducive to student learning and wellbeing
- Leadership ensures effective planning, coordination and evaluation of the school’s curriculum and teaching
- A range of data is employed to identify issues early
- The conversations to analyse issues and identify potential solutions are dependent upon getting the right mix of people in the room
- Often the investigation of academic issues identifies a need to respond to pastoral care or other support issues.
Things to think about
- How do you ensure students get the right support, at the right time, to continue their learning?
- What else might you consider?