ERO recommends that early childhood services:
- work in partnership with whānau to ensure programmes appropriately promote children’s language, culture and identity
- use the report’s findings self- review questions and Best Practice Indicators to review the quality of their partnerships with whānau
- identify and respond to the professional development educators require to improve partnerships with whānau.
ERO recommends that the Ministry of Education identify ways to:
- develop professional learning and development and support so that early childhood managers and leaders build genuine partnerships with Māori whānau, hapū and iwi
- assist ECE services to practise partnership with whānau Māori to design and deliver a culturally responsive curriculum.