ERO recommends that service leaders and teachers:
- consider how well their identified priorities for children’s learning are reflected in all aspects of their practice, in particular, assessment practice and self review
- increase their understanding of the desired outcomes in Ka Hikitia and the Pasifika Education Plan, and how their curriculum and identified priorities for children’s learning reflect these outcomes.
ERO recommends that the Ministry of Education provides opportunities for services to access professional learning and development that focuses on:
- assessment practices that show continuity of children’s learning over time
- the importance of Māori and Pacific children achieving success and how services reflect this in their curriculum and identified priorities for learning
- implementing robust self review to determine how well their curriculum and associated assessment practices reflect their identified priorities for children’s learning.