1. How effectively is our school reviewing its provision for international students?
- we monitor compliance with the Code effectively to ensure all requirements are met
- we report annually to the Ministry of Education on the results of our self review
- our BOT receives annual reports based on self review and strategic planning of the international programme
- our review process is based on analysis of a range of information about students’ welfare, academic progress, and social integration.
2. What is the quality of pastoral care received by our international students?
- our international students receive appropriate support services from a person or persons designated with the pastoral care responsibility for international students
- our international students are welcomed and given effective orientation advice
- our international students’ accommodation and pastoral needs are regularly monitored and met.
3. What is the quality of education across the curriculum received by our international students?
- our international students are accurately assessed on entry, placed in appropriate courses and classes, and experience high quality teaching
- our international students receive appropriate levels of support with the English language, whether it is in ESOL classes, withdrawal or in-class support
- our international students are regularly assessed and receive useful feedback about their progress across the curriculum
- our international students make expected rates of progress in academic studies, and achieve their learning goals
- our international senior students achieve qualifications in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and other qualifications, for example, International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- our international students make successful transitions to post-secondary programmes, or further education and training
- our staff have professional learning and development in teaching speakers of other languages.
4 To what extent are our international students involved in, and integrated into, our school community?
- our international students are involved in school activities, enjoy their New Zealand schooling experience and make New Zealand friends
- our international students share aspects of their own cultural backgrounds with other students at the school
- our international students take part in activities in the local community
- our international students have leadership opportunities
- our New Zealand students and staff demonstrate cross-cultural awareness.