ERO recommends that boards focus on how well students are engaged with their learning by:
- scrutinising engagement and achievement data
- using the information to identify what approaches and resources are needed to keep every student experiencing success in education.
ERO recommends that leaders manage changes to establish a strong culture throughout the school where:
- expectations for every student’s success are high
- relationships within and beyond the school community are carefully nurtured, respectful and supportive
- evidence and research are used to empower teachers to use and reflect on a range of approaches to effectively engage all students in learning
- professional development and interventions are carefully selected and adapted to integrate with the vision and direction of the school.