Data and information about teaching and learning is made highly visible and the interpretation and response are a collaborative process. Leaders and teachers reflect on the role of data in professional relationships and how an open approach builds capability and confidence to respond to the challenges that need to be addressed.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership ensures effective planning, coordination and evaluation of the school’s curriculum and teaching
This video also illustrates
Domain 5: Professional capability and collective capacity
- Systematic, collaborative inquiry processes and challenging professional learning opportunities align with the school vision goals and targets
- Organisational structures, processes and practices enable and sustain collaborative learning and decision making
Domain 6: Evaluation Inquiry and knowledge building for improvement and innovation
- Collective capacity to do and use evaluation, inquiry and knowledge building sustains improvement and innovation
- Achievement data is consistently made visible within a safe and collaborative environment
- The consistency and usefulness of the data is a prerequisite to constructive conversations about what it means and potential next steps
- Respectful collaboration and shared solution seeking are features of determining a way forward that ‘adds to your kete’ and the mana of teachers.
Things to think about
- What role does data play in building a shared sense of purpose and direction?
- What processes might you further develop to better support improved outcomes?