At this secondary school leaders and teachers have responded to students’ need for more time to achieve their goals. While not mandatory for either staff or students, lunchtime and after school learning sessions have become the norm.
This video illustrates
Domain 4: Responsive curriculum, effective teaching and opportunity to learn
- Students have effective, sufficient and equitable opportunities to learn
This video also illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership ensures an orderly and supportive environment that is conducive to student learning and wellbeing
- Students choose to attend tutorials outside of scheduled class time
- For some students home based study is not an option
- Students appreciate their teachers making themselves available to support their learning
- Leaders and teachers believe that their students can and will achieve equitable and excellent outcomes through the investment of additional time and support
Things to think about
- What are the features of your learning environment that support equitable opportunities to learn?
- What else might we consider?