The provision of opportunities for collaborative professional learning are designed to build adaptive expertise through enabling the participation and contribution of all staff members.
This video illustrates
Domain 5: Professional capability and collective capacity
- Organisational structures, processes and practices enable and sustain collaborative learning and decision making
- Access to relevant expertise builds capability for ongoing improvement and innovation
This video also illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership builds collective capacity to do evaluation and inquiry for sustained improvement
- The process of building adaptive expertise is cyclic and ongoing
- Organizational processes are designed to enable all staff to contribute including providing readings and other materials ahead of scheduled meetings
- Shared ownership of the professional learning process leads to shared accountability for outcomes
- Structured and frequent observations support safe and reciprocal learning opportunities
- Senior leaders deliberately position themselves as learners within the group
Things to think about
- What access do you have to expertise to support working together to build individual capability and improve outcomes for students?
- What else might you consider?