A principal describes the need to establish the ‘fertile ground for innovation’ by being explicit about the need to be ‘comfortable being uncomfortable’ in order that together they can question, inquire and critique to make things better the learners.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership promotes and participates in teacher learning and development
- Leadership builds collective capacity to do evaluation and inquiry for sustained improvement
- Organisational culture cannot be left to chance
- A clear vision is the starting point
- Ensuring everyone understands the teacher practice that enables that vision to become a reality
- A collective focus on working toward the ‘graduate profile’
- These core components interweave and are the basis for ongoing organisational improvement
Things to think about
- How aligned is our thinking around our vision, teacher practice and ‘graduate profile’
This video was first commissioned by the Ministry of Education. For more on Stonefields School, visit their website.