Engaging in multiple strategies to elicit and respond to student voice ensures that students have direct input into curriculum design.
This video illustrates
Domain 4: Responsive curriculum, effective teaching and opportunity to learn
- Students learn, achieve and progress in the breadth and depth of The New Zealand Curriculum and/or Te Marautanga o Aotearoa
- Regular surveying of student voice is valued by students when they see teachers respond to their suggestions for improvement
- The opportunity for students to influence the content and design of curriculum enhances their ownership of learning.
Things to think about
- How do you enable your students to contribute to the design of the curriculum?
- How do you enable your parents family and whānau to contribute to the design of the curriculum?