Professional learning reflects the approach that has been established for students. Learning is differentiated with multiple opportunities for engagement and structure in manageable steps.
This video illustrates
Domain 5: Professional capability and collective capacity
- A strategic and coherent approach to human resource management builds professional capability and collective capacity
- Organisational structures, processes and practices enable and sustain collaborative learning and decision making
- Professional learning is differentiated and flexible and teachers set their own pace
- Faculties determine their own direction and report outcomes to senior management
- Leaders and teachers work in cross curricula professional learning groups with those who have similar teaching as inquiry goals
- Opportunities are created for ‘robust discussions‘ between staff
Things to think about
- How well do organisational processes support professional learning opportunities in your school?
- What else might be considered?