The setting of academic goals that build toward purposeful educational pathways and career options begins early at this secondary school and supports student choices throughout their schooling.
This video illustrates
Domain 3: Educationally powerful connections and relationships
- Community collaborations enrich opportunities for students to become confident, connected, actively involved, lifelong learners
This video also illustrates
Domain 4: Responsive curriculum, effective teaching and opportunity to learn
- Assessment for learning develops students’ assessment and learning-to-learn capabilities
- Career research and goal setting is associated with subject choice from year 9
- Family and whānau are encouraged to participate in the development of educational pathways and software
- are provides them with visibility of how the learners are progressing
- Goals are back mapped to identify what steps must be achieved at each stage of the pathway
- The school Career Expo supports students in developing purposeful education pathways and ensures that parents and whanau can also access the information they need.
Things to think about
- How do you draw on community resources to inform student choices about learning pathways and transitions?
- How do you engage parents and whānau in those activities and decisions?