A learning community characterized by whanaungatanga and manaakitanga creates the challenge and support needed to develop learning to learn capabilities and achieve successful learning outcomes
This video illustrates
Domain 4: Responsive curriculum, effective teaching and opportunity to learn
- Students participate and learn in caring, collaborative, inclusive learning communities
- Students learn, achieve and progress in the breadth and depth of The New Zealand Curriculum and/or Te Marautanga o Aotearoa
- Students have effective, sufficient and equitable opportunities to learn
- Students are conscious and caring of each other and seek to build a collective sense of belonging and acceptance
- Students care extends to wanting to see everyone achieve
- “Its not competing against each other, its competing for the whole group”
Things to think about
- How do your students support each others opportunities to learn?
- What might you encourage and enhance this process?