Senior leaders have put processes in place to ensure that all teachers participate in and contribute to the co-construction of decisions about how best to move forward. The principal describes the approach as ‘change coming from the classroom, not the principals office’.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership collaboratively develops and pursues the school’s vision, goals and targets for equity and excellence
- Leadership builds relational trust and effective collaboration at every level of the school community
This video also illustrates
Domain 5: Professional capability and collective capacity
- Organisational structures, processes and practices enable and sustain collaborative learning and decision making.
- Respectful working relationships are the basis of a safe and supportive environment that supports collaboration
- The collective approach to designing a way forward assists in ensuring solutions that respond to their unique context
- Leaders and teachers invest in, and share accountability for improving practice
Things to think about
- How distributed and collaborative is leadership in your school?