Working together to determine what the collaboration and teamwork looks like on a day-to-day basis has been a critical and continued focus of professional learning and team dialogue.
This video illustrates
Domain 5: Professional capability and collective capacity
- Organisational structures, processes and practices enable and sustain collaborative learning and decision making
- The Modern Learning Environment means teachers are working more closely together ‘at the time of teaching’ than ever before
- Opportunities for ‘incidental learning’ are frequent and the visibility of others practice can accelerate personal professional growth
- Relationships become critical including strategies to address what’s not going well
- Need to develop the capacity in everyone to have the ‘hard to have conversations’
- Learner-focused problem solving
- Modeling collaborative behaviours to learners
Things to think about
- What is it that effective teams do?
- What characterises their interactions?
This video was first commissioned by the Ministry of Education. For more on Stonefields School, visit their website.