Students and teachers contribute to, and work in, a supportive learning environment characterized by manaakitanga and whanaungatanga.
This video illustrates
Domain 4: Responsive curriculum, effective teaching and opportunity to learn
- Students participate and learn in caring, collaborative, inclusive learning communities
- Students articulate their understandings of manaakitanga and whanaungatanga and the importance of everyone’s opportunity to learn.
- Opportunity to participate through rituals and routines supports active engagement and learning
- Students support one another in their learning more to reciprocal learning relationships
Things to think about
- How well do your classroom environments support opportunities to learn?
- How aware are your students of the learning relationships they have with one another?